On October 12, 2014 I'll be running the Chicago Marathon, and my motivation to make it to the finish line again this year is the fact that I'm running to benefit Taller de José, a community resource center in Little Village, Chicago. I've been accompanying clients at Taller de José since August 2011, and the mission has become very near and dear to my heart. Will you accompany me along the journey to run for those I serve?

Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's not just about the numbers... but they're important too!


I really believe that the best way to help others understand the work we do at Taller de José is by telling the individual stories of our clients, but given that I've been able to share many of those, I think that a broader "by the numbers" look at Taller can be really helpful in understanding the bigger picture of the impact we're making in the community. So here are a few numbers from the 2012-2013 fiscal year:

And just a few other relevant numbers...

My co-worker and teammate, Lisa,
after today's 20 miler
412 = miles I've run so far during training
20 = miles I ran today (the longest training run before race day)
78.2 = miles until the finish line
3 = weeks until race day!

$1025 = the amount I've raised so far
$955 = amount left to reach my fundraising goal of $2000


This is the final push before race day! I'll be keeping all the clients, staff, and supporters of Taller de José in my thoughts and prayers as I finish the last 78.2 miles standing between me and the finish line. Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far-- I am so grateful for your generosity. And thank you to everyone who has been keeping me in their prayers and offering encouragement along the way (and to my running buddy who has done so much of the training with me, despite the fact that she's not actually running the marathon herself)-- I couldn't have done this on my own.

(And just for fun... what I discovered when I took my shoes off after this morning's run): 
$15= the amount I spent on fancy socks that I can't even figure out how to wear correctly
... in my defense, I put them on at 4:30am!

No comments:

Post a Comment